What is the Livestock Insurance Policy?
Livestock insurance is required to provide security to rural farmers and also assist in creating confidence in financial institutions to lend to farmers.
Here is a summary of what it can cover*
- Accidental death or injury caused by lightning, windstorm, snake bite ,electrocution or flooding etc
- Fire and explosion
- Widespread outbreak of an infectious disease affecting many animals at the same time in a region.
- Emergency slaughter on advice of qualified veterinary surgeon following an accident, illness or disease.
- Malicious Damage
- Impact by road vehicles or locomotive rolling stock.
- Epidemic Diseases
- Pregnancy (Distochia)
- Theft of animals where the animal is reported stolen
- Transit risks where the animal dies during movement from place to another
- Calving/furrowing risks where the animal dies as a result of delivery complications
* Terms and conditions apply.