The Ministry of Transport and Communication and other partners hosted a third Aviation Stakeholders conference, the Aviation Pitso, on the 14th and 15th of June 2012 in Maun. Botswana Insurance Company (BIC) was a key co-sponsor of the Pitso as the leader in insurance policies for the aviation industry in Botswana.
The theme for this Aviation Pitso was “Promoting Intergenerational Leadership in the Aviation Industry”. The theme highlighted the importance of integrated planning for the growth of a robust, safe and secure aviation industry in Botswana. Topics at the conference provided a platform for participating leaders to come up with recommendations on how to grow the aviation industry.
The Aviation Pitso was opened by Honourable Nonofo Molefhi, MP and the key note address was given by Acting Managing Director of Diamond Trading Company Botswana, Mr Paul Rowley.
Topics discussed included:
- Updates on the 2011 Aviation Pitso resolutions
- Enhancing stakeholder cooperation to grow the Aviation Industry in Botswana
- Aviation as a market channel to Economic Development in Botswana
- Safety Management for Aviation in Botswana Integrating New Technologies into The small Aircraft
BIC offers various Aviation covers including but not limited to:
- Hull All Risks
- Hull War Risk
- Legal Liabilities to Third Parties
- Legal Liability to Passengers
- Airport Operators Liability